Sunday, August 18, 2013

Briny Blue

Happy Sunday folks!  Today's post is devoted to beautiful Briny Blue by Paper Smooches.  I just love this set!  So fun with all the critters!  A couple reasons I love this set...other than just loving PS stamps.  1-  I don't think I've ever seen another Orca whale stamp.  2- I LOVE this jell fish, one of my fave stamps in the set!  As an aside, when I got to the Seattle Aquarium, one of my things to see there is the cool jellyfish display that is like a large erected O where the jellyfish swim around you and you can walk through the middle.  The lights are often colored and you get these beautiful colored jellyfish to look at.  When we took my daughter there we thought that was so cool that we bought a stuffed jellyfish (and named it peanut butter- lol!).

When I saw this weeks Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge I knew I wanted to play, what a fun sketch!  I didn't want to go too much with the obvious though.  So I looked at it, flipped it on it's slide and around...what could I do?  Then I thought I could use the jellies in place of the clouds!  I still used a big circle shape and another shape to replace the hot air balloon but put the focus on the clouds/jellies.  I used my new Simon Says Stamp happy die (which I love) for the sentiment, added enamel dots and some crystal effects on part of my jelly to make it shiny.  Fun!

For today's Question of the Day, I am going to pick one of your questions.  This question is from Chunyuan and Barb-
 "What is your favorite paper crafting tool?"  That is a super hard question!  Anything that makes me have to narrow down my supplies or choose just one thing just makes me immediately scream out, "It's not possible!"  Which is super weird when you are in public...people really look at you funny... :)  Anyway, if I *have* to choose, I guess I'll pick my Big Shot.  All the dies that are coming out that go with stamp sets and embossing folders and largie dies for things like templates and boxes, super fun.  So what about all of you?

Thanks for stopping, I hope the rest of your weekend is fabulous!

5 comments:

Wida said...

I have a cuddle bug, wish it came with the magnet plate like the big shot does. I have to use washi to hold my dies in place. But I would agree with your choice...and the jelly fish card is super cute!

cm said...

Your card and post have made this Monday morning so much brighter!
I love my Cuttlebug, but I also have a new Big Shot on order! So excited! Love dies!!
c

Virginia L. said...

What a great take on the jelly fish inspiration! I love the flowing movement from the card! My favorite tool (one of many) would be my Fiskar Micro Scissors.I don't think I can live without one :)

Unknown said...

My question was so unfair...I can't even narrow it down to one tool! lol I'd have to go with my cuttlebug, mini scorepal, copics and detail scissors...and sequins. i'm addicted to the damn things.

On another note! I love this card...the jellyfish are just too cute! love the colors...just a great design!

Unknown said...

super CUTE card! Love those jellies! :)