Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Top Dog Dies DT and Authentique Project Inspiration week


Hello- This week we are having a Top Dog Dies DT and Authentique Blog Hop to share some fun products.  BUT this isn't a traditional blog hop, we aren't all posting on the same day, so you'll need to check back on the Top Dog Dies Blog each day to see which designers are posting.  it will be totally worth your while, because there is fun to be had and prizes to be won! :)



Here is what I created from the amazing products from these two companies:

First I made a butterfly card from the Butterfly Die and Butterfly Finishers Die set from Top Dog Dies and the Elegant collection from Authentique.  My heart was all a flutter using these products together!  The die is so easy and fun and the paper is so "Breakfast at Tiffany's" but in a paper pad. :)  I cut the base in a slate color and then added the DP on top.  I used velum for the outer wing layer and spritzed it with my blue spritzer. I finished it off with some blue sequins on the thorax for a little shine and a tag that will make your heart soar- wink! :)




Next I made another card using the same products but this time I used the finishers from the die set.  The swirls are from the inner portion of the large butterfly wings.  Since both DP pages were ombre, I used them in so the same order, increasing with color as you go up.  I finished this off with a "Best Wishes" sentiment embossed in white so it can be for any celebratory occasion. 





I could have used this Authentique paper and nothing else I love it so much, but then there was another pack that I also loved called the Anchored collection.  Right on trend with all the nautical goodness out there. :)  I used the Top Dog Dies A2 Card #1 to cut my base papers.  I just love this card shape!  With some cork I cut a tag from the Top Dog Dies Mini Tags Die set as an accent.  A little hemp rope and the Authentique stickers finished this creation off nicely. 




I hope you have enjoyed these creations today.   I know you are ALL ABOARD for some prizes right. Here is what you do:

  • Head over to the Authentique Blog and Facebook page and say that Top Dog Dies sent you.  They have a special giveaway of an Authentique Prize Pack through Sunday, April 13.


  • There is also a $50 voucher in exclusive wafer-thin dies from Top Dog Dies through April 13th. Go to this page to enter!
Thank you so much for stopping today!  i hope you are enjoying this team up as much as I am!  

6 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

So elegant and Beautiful!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love, love, love how you did the larger butterfly creation and then translated it again into another wonderful card! WOW, love the bold black, you wow me with that, I am hooked on black!!!

Hope your week is going great Katie!!

Joni Andaya said...

FANTASTIC creations :) Love this Katie!!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Wonderful projects, Katie! I love how you repeated the red and white stripes with that little strip that goes behind your sentiment.

cm said...

Oh my, Katie, your projects are outstanding. The butterflies = swoon-inducing! Wow, wow and wow! Thank you for the encouragement to add a follower button on my blog; I'm not 100% sure I've done it correctly, however...I've made an attempt. I thin some 'adjustments' will be required! Once again - you are rockin' the Top Dog dies!!
c

Migdalia said...

Both are AMAZING but I am a huge fan of butterflies...so I LOVE the butterfly card!! Love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*