Thursday, May 1, 2014

Una Fiesta!

Well I have some good news, my family and I are going on vacation soon!  We REALLY need this vacation and are looking forward to it.  The destination is San Diego!  Well be hitting up a lot of family places like Legoland, the beach and more. YAY!  It is gonna be a fiesta and we are already looking forward to going to Old Town to get some authentic Mexican food and margaritas!

And do you know what else is in San Diego?!?!  It is the home of Sweet Stamp Shop!  Woop- woop!  So it is only appropriate that today's card features Sweet Stamp Shop's Stuck on This and Hats set. :)  Check out that little cactus in his "sweet" sombrero- all he needs is a margarita and he's ready to go!



What I did when creating this is stamp my cactus and hat and use Prismacolor pencils to color him in.   The hat doesn't come with the little lines in the brim but I added them so I could add the bright colors that you might see in a sombrero.  The "explosions" in the background are from a Sweet Stamp Shop retired set (I simply can't bear to part with it).  I kept them in black and white so they would contrast the colors of my little prickly guy. The little frame is from We R Memory Keepers and the pop of color added by the stars are from Top Dog Dies Camera Finishers Die set.

So...in preparation for our trip we sampling lots of margaritas so we have something to compare the Old Town ones too.  Just kidding!  But we are deciding what adventures we'll be embarking on while in SD and if you have any tips we'd love to hear them.

Salud!  Thanks for stopping!

Entering this into:
Colour Me - Choose 5 colors and Neutrals 
A Sprinkle of Imagination- A sprinkle of color
CAS-ual Friday- Three Thirds (three stars in the left third and three explosions in the left third)

8 comments:

Life and Knits said...

So cute Katie...how do I love this...let me count the ways, 1, 2, infinity!

Susie

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Awesome colouring and super cute!

~amy~ said...

Yay for VACA!!!! What a cutie pie card...you know that I love that cactus.
Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays.
TGIF!!!

Virginia L. said...

Super fun card! Your colors are so bright and cheery....I feel that I am having a Fiesta already! Have fun in San Diego! I know it's going to be awesome!

cm said...

San Diego...lucky you! It's on my wish list of places to go, so one of these days...Maybe I'll need to find a bike race there, to convince my husband just a bit more to head that direction! My sister and husband have been, and their response = LOVE! Speaking of which, I love your happy little cactus card! That smile, those little cheekk dots, the colourful sombrero = cuteness++++
c

Unknown said...

So cute! Loving the cactus! LOL, hope you have a fab week! *hugs*

Deepti said...

Awwww this is so cute ! Love the colorful stars :)