Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Adventure!

Hello Friends!  I have a fun card using Top Dog Dies to share with you today.  This card is also very symbolic for me. I am embarking on a new adventure in my life in less than two weeks and I am both excited and nervous!

In one and a half weeks I am leaving a job that I have been at for 10 years.  I have spent most of my professional career working at a non-profit looking to find and HIV Vaccine.  Now, I am persuing a new opportunity in the for profit world with a huge corporation.  It will be quite the switch.  My current, soon to be previous, job has been a wonderful organization, with a great mission, that has allowed me many opportunities, provided growth and a wonderful work family, I am quite sad to be leaving for many reasons, but mostly because I love the people I work with (...;well most of them- wink!).  The new job holds so much change and so many unknowns BUT the opportunities and ability to spread my wings and expand my mind is going to be incredible!  So with this adventure, today's card is not only appropriate for me and my current journey, but I may give it to one of my co-workers before I go.



Here is the card I have for you.  I made this using Top Dog Dies Alexa Frames Die Set.  I love this set because it offers so much versatility.  The frame is my favorite piece, but the other delicate pieces are wonderful as well.  You can see that I used some of the smaller pieces here and they add a nice touch to this seemingly masculine card.  The paper is from Authentique Nautical collection that we all received from the previous Top Dog Dies and Authentique blog hop back in April- here. Finally, the finishing touches (woodchips and hearts) are from Freckled Fawn.

So, I hope you enjoyed this card AND I hope that you are having your adventure as well!

Thanks,
Katie

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yay...congrats on your new journey! I know that you'll love it and they will love you! I'll miss our walks though!

Your card is awesome...you know how much I love that paper collection. That pops of red and wood are perfect!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card Miss Katie! The paper is awesome!

Tonya Jastad said...

Love the card Katie! Wishing you the best of luck in your adventure!

cm said...

Katie, you sound ever-so-ready for a new adventure where your talents, expertise and sparkling personality will be welcomed and appreciated by new co-workers. I already know you'll be a 'hit'! Leaving your current job will be hard, but you know you've done what you can and, as your inspiring card makes abundantly clear: the next phase of your journey awaits! Your card couldn't be any more perfect for the NEW opportunities to spread your wings, learn, grow and fly!
Hugs~c