Thursday, February 4, 2016

Fusion- Paper Hearts


Hmmmm, what day is it?  I can't seem to keep them straight in my head this week.  Oh, but I know what day it is, that is why you are here, it is Fusion time!


I love this inspiration, the paper hearts are fun (and wait until you see what the DT did with them!!!!! AWESOME!).  But more than that, I loved the stacked stars in the sketch.  While I didn't adhere to it 100%, I still came close. 

I like to think of today's card as my effort to promote diversity and inclusion (yes, my HR side is coming out).  I noticed that I always color my people as white people and while that is all fine and good, I wanted to branch out a little.  But I'll be honest, I was a little scared, afraid I would get the colors right or something, but I think it turned out OK.  What do you think?

So this card features Avery Elle's new Pixie Dust Stamp Set.  Too cute to not own when you have a sweet kiddo.  I had fun using punches to make my various circles.  I didn't think it out too well and had to cut the middle one out by hand due to spacing, but it turned out totally fine.  Next I traced the circles on white so I could plan where to stamp.  I used the two fairies and clouds for the middle.  I colored with my Copics and added glitter to the fairy wings. I was quite pleased with the paper, which was a brand new Sheet from Bo-Bunny, perfect for this occasion.  I stamped the banner stamp form Paper Smooches on my SU! Plum cardstock and cut it out and mounted across the middle circle. 

So.... that's all today, thank you for stopping and like I said, you don't want to miss all the ladies creations with this inspiration over at FUSION!

Happy (almost) Friday! :)

Entering this into:




9 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome, love your diversity :)

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous! Jo x

Julia Aston said...

what a fun 'peek a boo' design with the cut outs! sweet little images!

sandie said...

I think your colouring turned out great and I really like your original take on the challenge x

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable, what sweet little fairies!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love the BRIGHT colors!!!!! Excellent take on the sketch!!

Karren said...

This is adorable! Those wee images are just the cutest!

Lenae said...

How did I miss this?so cute

Jean said...

Great combination and super cute use of the stamp set! Thanks for joining us at AEI♥U Challenge!